- Volatile (adjective)
- Liable to change rapidly and unpredictably, especially for the worse.
- Sarah’s volatile character causes those around her to be careful especially when it comes to things they say.
2. Uncanny (adjective)
- Strange or mysterious, especially in an unsettling way.
- His appearance that morning was uncanny, portraying that something was wrong.
3. Carp (verb)
- Complain or find fault continually about trivial matters.
- He was a very difficult person to work with. He would carp about everything you did.
4. Bewildering (adjective)
- Confusing or perplexing
- His attributes were said to be bewildering, sometimes talking to himself at certain hours throughout the night.
5. Subsided (verb)
- Become less intense, violent or severe.
- The war subsided, as the United Nations intervened and promoted peace.